1. P. Johan Singh, C.K. Mukhopadhyay, T. Jayakumar, S.L. Mannan and Baldev
Raj, 2006, Understanding fatigue crack propagation in AISI 316(N) weld
using Elber’s crack closure concept: Experimental results from GCMOD and
acoustic emission techniques, International Journal of Fatigue (in press).
2. A.K. Tyagi, G. Mangamma, M. Kamruddin, S. Dash and Baldev Raj, 2006,
Synthesis and characterization of nanocrystalline Cr2O3 and ZrO2 ceramic
materials, Journal of Nanoscience and Nanotechnology (in press).
3. G. Gnanaprakash, S. Ayyappan, T. Jayakumar, John Philip and Baldev Raj,
2006, Magnetic nanoparticles with enhanced γ-Fe2O3 to
phase transition temperature, Nanotechnology 17 (2006), pp. 5851-5857.
4. Anish Kumar, T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj, 2006, Influence of
precipitation of intermetallics on Young’s modulus in nickel and zirconium
base alloys, Philosophical Magazine Letters (in press).
5. Baldev Raj, John Philip, K.V. Rajkumar and P. Kalyanasundaram, 2006,
Effect of magnetic field on ultrasonic velocity in a magnetic nanofluid,
INSA Journal Part B-Physical Sciences, 72(3), pp. 145-146.
6. P.V. Sivaprasad, Sumantra Mandal, S. Venugopal, C. Narayanan, V.
Shanmugam and Baldev Raj, 2006, Artificial neural network modelling of the
tensile properties of indigeneously developed 15Cr-15Ni-2.2Mo-Ti modified
austenitic stainless steel, Transaction of Indian Institute of Metals,
59(4), pp. 437-445.
7. M. Vasudevan, A.K. Bhaduri, Baldev Raj and K. Prasad Rao, 2006,
Artificial neural network modelling of solidification mode in austenitic
stainless steel welds, Material Science & Technology (in press).
8. T. Karthikeyan, Arup Dasgupta, P. Magudapathy, S. Saroja, M.
Vijayalakshmi, K.G.M. Nair, K.P.N. Murthy and Baldev Raj, 2005,
Microstructure, microchemistry, and prediction of long term diffusion
behaviour of chloride in concrete, Journal of Materials Engineering and
Performance 15(5), pp. 581-590.
9. P. Chellapandi, R. Srinivasan, S.C. Chetal and Baldev Raj, 2006,
Experimental creep life assessment of tubular structures with geometrical
imperfections in welds with reference to fast reactor plant life, Journal
of Pressure Vessels & Piping 83, pp 556-564.
10. Baldev Raj and U. Kamachi Mudali, 2006, Materials development and
corrosion problems in nuclear fuel reprocessing plants, Progress in
Nuclear Energy 48, pp. 283-313.
11. C.K. Mukhopadhyay, S. Venugopal, T. Jayakumar, R. Nagarajan, S.L.
Mannan and Baldev Raj, 2006, Acoustic emission monitoring during turning
of metal matrix composite and tool wear, Materials Evaluation 64(3), pp.
12. P. Gopalan, R. Rajaraman, G. Amarendra, C.S. Sundar, B. Viswanathan,
T. Jayakumar, P. Palanichamy and Baldev Raj, 2005, Characterization of
and thermally aged Zircaloy-2 by positron annihilation, hardness and
ultrasonic velocity measurements, Journal of Nuclear Materials 345 (2-3),
13. B. Venkataraman, Baldev Raj and M. Menaka, 2005, Online infrared
detection of inclusions and lack of penetration during welding, Materials
Evaluation, pp. 933-937.
14. H. Shaikh, N. Sivaibharasi, B. Sasi, T. Anita, R. Amrithalingam, B.P.C.
Rao, T. Jayakumar, H.S. Khatak and Baldev Raj, 2004, Use of eddy current
testing method in detection and evaluation of sensitisation and
intergranular corrosion in austenitic stainless steels, Corrosion Science,
48, pp. 1462-1482.
15. B. Venkataraman, C.K. Mukhopadhyay and Baldev Raj, 2004, Effect of
variation of strain rate on thermal and acoustic emission during tensile
deformation of nuclear grade AISI type 316 stainless steel, Materials
Science & Technology, Vol.20, pp. 1310-1316.
16. P. Mukherjee, A. Sarkar, P. Barat, Baldev Raj and U. Kamachi Mudali,
2005, Microstructural studies on lattice imperfections in irradiated
titanium and Ti-5%Ta-2%Nb by X-ray diffraction line profile analysis,
Metallurgical & Materials Transactions 36A, pp. 2351-2360.
17. M. Vasudevan, B.P.C. Rao, B. Venkataraman, T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj,
2005, Artificial neural network modelling for evaluating austentic
stainless steel and zircalloy-2 welds, Journal of Materials Processing
Technology 169(3), pp. 396-400.
18. Baldev Raj, P. Kalyanasundaram, T. Jayakumar, C. Babu Rao, B.
Venkataraman, U. Kamachi Mudali, A. Joseph, Anish Kumar and K.V. Rajkumar,
2005, Nondestructive evaluation of Delhi Iron Pillar, Current Science
88(12), pp. 1948-1956.
19. T. Jayakumar, C.K. Mukhopadhyay, S.Venugopal, S.L. Mannan and Baldev
Raj, 2004, A review of the application of acoustic emission techniques for
monitoring forming and grinding processes, Journal of Materials Processing
Technology, 159, pp. 48-61.
20. U. Kamachi Mudali, B.M. Ananda Rao, K. Shanmugam, R. Natarajan and
Baldev Raj, 2003, Corrosion and microstructural aspects of dissimilar
joints of titanium and type 304 L stainless steel, Journal of Nuclear
Materials 321, pp. 40-48.
21. S. Vaidyanathan, B.P.C. Rao, T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj, 2003,
Developments in instrumentation and automation for NDE applications:
In-house experience in the Department of Atomic Energy – Part III:
Development of remote field eddy current testing, INSIGHT 45, pp 77.
22. P. Shankar, P. Palanichamy, T. Jayakumar, Baldev Raj and S.
Ranganathan, 2003, Nitrogen redistribution, microstructure and elastic
constant evaluation using ultrasonics in aged 316LN stainless steels,
Metallurgical & Materials Transactions 32A(12), pp. 2959-2968.
23. John Philip, G. Gnana Prakash, T. Jayakumar, P. Kalyanasundaram and
Baldev Raj, 2003, Three distinct scenarios under polymer, surfactant and
colloidal interaction, Macromolecules, The Americal Chemical Society
36(24), pp. 9230-9236.
24. R. Krishnan, R. Kesavamoorthy, S. Dash, A.K. Tyagi and Baldev Raj,
2003, Raman spectroscopic and photoluminescence investigations on laser
surface modified α-Al2O3 coatings, Scripta Materialia
25. Anish Kumar, T. Jayakumar, Baldev Raj and K.K. Ray, 2003, Correlation
between ultrasonic shear wave velocity and Poisson’s ratio for isotropic
solid materials, Acta Materialia 51, pp.2417-2426.
26. T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj, 2003, Nondestructive characterization of
precipitants in nuclear materials using ultrasonic and micromagnetic
techniques, Effects of Radiation on Materials, ASTM STP 1447, M.L.
Grossbeck (Ed.), ASTM International, West Conshohocken, PA 2003, USA
27. John Philip, G. Gnana Prakash, T. Jayakumar, P. Kalyanasundaram, O.
Mondain-Monval and Baldev Raj, 2002, Interaction between emulsion droplets
in the presence of polymer-surfactant complexes, Langmuir, The American
Chemical Society’s Journal of Surfaces & Colloids 18, pp.4625-4631.
28. U. Kamachi Mudali, P. Shankar, S. Ningshen, R.K. Dayal, H.S. Khatak
and Baldev Raj, 2002, On the pitting corrosion resistance of nitrogen
alloyed cold worked austenitic stainless steel, Corrosion Science 44, pp.
29. V. Karthik, K.V. Kasiviswanathan, K. Laha, and Baldev Raj, 2002,
Determination of gradients in mechanical properties of 2.25Cr-1Mo
weldments using shear-punch tests, AWS-Welding Journal Research
Supplement, pp. 265-272.
30. B.P.C. Rao, Baldev Raj, T. Jayakumar and P. Kalyanasundaram, 2002, An
artificial neural network for eddy current testing of austenitic stainless
steel welds, NDT & E International 35(6), pp. 393-398.
31. R. Krishnan, S. Dash, C. Babu Rao, R.V. Subba Rao, A.K. Tyagi and
Baldev Raj, 2001, Laser induced structural and microstructural
transformations of plasma sprayed Al2O3 coatings, Scripta Materialia
45, pp. 693-700.
32. V. Rajendran, N. Palanivelu, P. Palanichamy, T. Jayakumar, Baldev Raj
and B.K. Choudhuri, 2001, Ultrasonic characterization of ferroelectric
BaTiO3 doped lead-bismuth oxide semiconducting glasses, Journal
of Non-Crystalline Solids 296, pp. 39-49.
33. S. Vaidyanathan, V. Moorthy, T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj, 2000,
Evaluation of induction hardned case depth through microstructural
characterisation using magnetic Barkhausen emission, Materials Science &
Technology 16, pp. 202-208.
34. S. Dash, M. Kamruddin, P.K Ajikumar, A.K. Tyagi and Baldev Raj, 2000,
Nanocrystalline and metastable phase formation in vacuum thermal
decomposition of calcium carbonate, Thermochimica Acta 363, pp. 129-135.
35. M.T. Shyamsundar, C. Rajagopalan, Baldev Raj, S.K. Dewangan, B.P.C.
Rao and K.K. Ray, 2000, Pattern recognition approaches for the detection
and characterisation of defects by eddy current testing, Invited for
publication in Special Issue of Materials Evaluation 58(1), pp. 93-101.
36. B.P.C. Rao, Baldev Raj, T. Jayakumar and P. Kalyanasundaram, 2001, A
new approach for restorastion of eddy current images, Journal of
Nondestructive Evaluation, Plenum Publishing, 20(2), pp. 61-72.
37. V. Moorthy, B.K. Choudhary, S. Vaidyanathan, T. Jayakumar, K.B.S. Rao
and Baldev Raj, 1999, An assessment of low cycle fatigue damage using
magnetic Barkhausen emission in 9Cr-1Mo ferritic steel, International
Journal of Fatigue 21, pp. 263-269.
38. T. Jayakumar, P. Palanichamy and Baldev Raj, 1998, Detection of hard
inter-metallics in beta-quenched and termally aged Zircaloy-2 using
ultrasonic measurements, Journal of Nuclear Materials 255, pp. 243-249.
39. V. Moorthy, S. Vaidyanathan, T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj, 1998, On the
influence of tempered microstructures on magnetic Barkhausen emission in
ferritic steels, Philosophical Magazine A 77(6), pp. 1499-1514.
40. V. Moorthy, S. Vaidyanathan, T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj, 1997,
Microstructural characterization of quenched and tempered 0.2% carbon
steel using Magnetic Barkhausen noise analysis, Journal of Magnetism and
Magnetic Materials 171, pp. 179-189.
41. B.P.C. Rao, C. Babu Rao, T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj, 1996, Simulation
of eddy current signals from multiple defects, Special issue of the “NDT &
E International”, based on the best paper presented in the 8th Asian
Pacific Conference on NDT, Vol.29, pp. 269-273.
42. P. Palanichamy, A. Joseph, T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj, 1995,
Ultrasonic velocity measurements for estimation of grain size in
austenitic stainless steel, NDT & E International 28(3), pp. 179-185.
43. T. Jayakumar, T.D. Koble, W.A. Theiner and Baldev Raj, 1993, Magnetic
methods for characterisation of cold rolled AISI type 304 stainless steel,
NDT & E International 10, pp. 205-214.
44. D.K. Bhattacharya, T. Jayakumar, V. Moorthy, S. Vaidyanathan and
Baldev Raj, 1993, Characterisation of microstructures in 17-4 PH stainless
steel by magnetic Barkhausen noise analysis, Commemorative Edition of the
13th WCNDT, Sao Paulo, Brazil, October 1992, NDT & E International 26(3),
pp.141-148. (One of the 8 papers selected out of more than 300 papers
accepted for presentation).
45. Baldev Raj and T. Jayakumar, 1991, Acoustic emission during tensile
deformation and fracture in austenitic alloys, American Society for
Materials Testing, ASTM-STP-1077, pp. 218-241.
46. T. Jayakumar, Baldev Raj, D.K. Bhattacharya, P. Rodriguez and O.
Prabhakar, 1991, Influence of coherent of γ' on acoustic emission
generated duringtensile deformation in nimonic alloy PE16, Materials
science and engineering A 150, pp. 51-58.
47. Baldev Raj, G. Ananthakrishna, P. Kalyanasundaram, P. Barat and T.
Jayakumar, 1990, Stimulated amplification of acoustic emission signals
during deformation, Scripta Metallurgica 24, pp.69-74.
48. Baldev Raj, B.B. Jha and P. Rodriguez, 1989, Frequency spectrum
analysis of acoustic emission signal obtained during tensile deformation
and fracture of an AISI type 316 stainless steel, Acta Metallurgica 37(8),
49. Baldev Raj, B.B. Jha, A.S. Khanna, and D.K. Bhattacharya, 1991,
Acoustic emission studies towards better understanding of high temperature
oxidation in Cr-Mo steels, International journal of pressure vessels and
piping, 45, pp. 301-326.
50. A.S. Khanna, B.B. Jha and Baldev Raj, 1985, Detection of breakaway
oxidation and spalling in the oxide scales of 2.25Cr-1Mo steel using
acoustic emission technique, Oxidation of Metals 23(3/4), pp. 159-176.
APPLICATION PAPERS IN STANDARD JOURNALS
1. C. Babu Rao, A.V. Anantha Lakshmi, R Kesavamoorthy and Baldev Raj,
Inspection of the surface of thin wires using laser scattering at oblique
illumination, Insight, 40(8), pp. 567-572.
2. M. Vasudevan, Baldev Raj and K. Prasad Rao, 2005, Development of neural
network models for prediction of solidification mode, weld bead geometry
and sensitization in austenitic stainless steels, International Journal of
Nuclear Energy Science & Technology 1(2/3), pp. 232-245.
3. S. Murugan, Sanjai K. Rai, P.V. Kumar, T. Jayakumar, Baldev Raj and
M.S.C. Bose, 2005, Temperature distribution and residual stresses due to
multipass welding in type 304 stainless steel and low carbon steel weld
pads, International Journal of Pressure Vessels & Piping, Vol. 78(4), pp.
4. B. Venkataraman, T. Saravanan, T. Jayakumar, P. Kalyanasundaram and
Baldev Raj, 2004, Assessment of weld joints of steam generator of
Prototype Fast Breeder Reactor by microfocal radiography, Journal of
Canadian Institute for NDE 25(4), pp. 6-12.
5. S.L. Mannan, S.C. Chetal, Baldev Raj and S.B. Bhoje, 2003, Selection of
materials for prototype fast breeder reactor, Transactions of Indian
Institute of Metals 56(2), pp. 155-178.
6. Baldev Raj, S.L. Mannan, P.R. Vasudeva Rao and M.D. Mathew, 2002,
Development of fuels and structural materials for Fast Breeder Reactors,
Sadhana 27(5), pp. 527-558.
7. John Philip, T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj, 2002, Laser based etching (LBE)
technique for metallography and ceramography, Materials Science &
Engineering A338, pp. 17-23.
8. Anish Kumar, K. Laha, T. Jayakumar, K. Bhanu Sankara Rao and Baldev Raj,
2001, Imaging of modified 9Cr-1Mo ferritic steel weldment via ultrasonic
velocity measurements, Science & Technology of Welding & Joining 6(6), pp.
9. Anish Kumar, Baldev Raj, P. Kalyanasundaram, T. Jayakumar and M.
Thavasimuthu, 2002, Structural integrity assessment of the containment
structure of a pressurized heavy water nuclear reactor using impact-echo
technique, NDT & E International 35, pp. 213-220.
10. Baldev Raj, 2000, Intelligent processing of materials – Vision for
materials manufacturing in 21st Century, Transactions of the
Indian Institute of Metals, 53(4-5), pp. 543-564.
11. John Philip, C. Babu Rao, T. Jayakumar and Baldev Raj, 2000, A new
optical technique for detection of defects in ferromagnetic materials and
components, NDT & E International 33, pp. 289-295.
12. T. Jayakumar, N.G. Muralidharan, N. Raghu, K.V. Kasiviswanathan and
Baldev Raj, 1999, Failure analysis towards reliable performance of
aeroengines, Defence Science Journal 49(4), pp. 311-316.
13. C.V. Subramanian, M. Thavasimuthu, C. Rajagopalan, P. Kalyanasundaram
and Baldev Raj, 1995, Ultrasonic test procedure for evaluating fuel clad
endcap weld joints of PHWRs, Materials Evaluation 53(11), pp. 1290-1295.
14. M.T. Shyamsunder, B.P.C. Rao, C. Babu Rao, D.K. Bhattacharya and
Baldev Raj, 1994, A new tandem probe design for phased-array eddy current
design, INSIGHT (British Journal of NDT) 36, pp. 434-436.
15. C. Phaniraj, B.K. Choudary, K. Bhanu shankara rao and Baldev Raj,
2003, Relation between time to reach monkman-grant ductility and rupture
life, Scripta Materialia, 48, pp. 1313-1318.
16. B.P.C. Rao, M.T. Shyamsunder, P. Kalyanasundaram, D.K.Bhattacharya and
Baldev Raj, 1992, Development of eddy current test techniques for
condition monitoring of pressure tube/calandria tube assemblies of Indian
PHWRs, British J. of NDT 33, pp. 437-440.
17. P. Kalyanasundaram, Baldev Raj, K.V. Kasiviswanathan, T. Jayakumar,
and C.R.L. Murthy, 1992, Leak detection in pressure tubes of a pressurised
heavy water reactor by AE technique, INSIGHT (British Journal of NDT)
34(11), pp. 539-543.
18. N. Raghu, N.G. Muralidharan, T. Jayakumar, K.V. Kasiviswanathan and
Baldev Raj, 2000, Failure analysis of turbine blades from aeroengines,
Transaction of IIM – Special Issue on Creep, Fatigue and Creep-Fatigue
Interaction 53(3), pp. 451-455.
19. Rakesh Kaul, N.G. Muralidharan, T. Jayakumar, K.V. Kasiviswanathan,
Baldev Raj, R.K. Dayal, V.R. Raju, S. Pattu and J.B. Gnanamoorthy, 1995,
Failure analysis of carbonate reboiler heat exchangers, Journal of
Engineering Failure Analysis 12(3), pp. 165-174.
20. N.G. Muralidharan, Rakesh Kaul, K.V. Kasiviswanathan, T. Jayakumar and
Baldev Raj, 1996, Failure analysis of an ammonia refrigerant condenser
tube, Journal of Materials Engineering & Performance 5, pp. 241-246.
21. N.G. Muralidharan, Rakesh Kaul, K.V. Kasiviswanathan and Baldev Raj,
1991, Failure analysis of AISI 347 bellow, Practical Metallography 28, pp.
22. C. Babu Rao, B. Venkataraman, M.T. Shyamsunder, Baldev Raj and
D.K.Bhattacharya, 1987, Precise twist measurement by laser holographic
interferometry, Journal of Experimental Techniques, pp. 26-28.
23. E.C. Lopez, C. Babu Rao, D.K. Bhattacharya and Baldev Raj, 1986,
Measurement of focal spot in microfocal radiography, INSIGHT (British
Journal of NDT), pp. 299-300.
24. T. Jayakumar, D.K. Bhattacharya and Baldev Raj, 1982, Failure of an
Inconel 600- bellow, Practical Metallography 19, pp. 717-723.
25. P. Barat, Baldev Raj and D.K. Bhattacharya, 1982, A standardised
procedure for eddy current testing of stainless steel, thin-walled nuclear
fuel element cladding tubes, NDT International, pp. 251-255.
REVIEW PAPERS IN JOURNALS / ENCYCLOPEDIA/
1. Baldev Raj and M. Vijayalakshmi, 2006, Emerging trends in processing of
non-ferrous metals: Challenges in nuclear industry, Transactions of Indian
Institute of Metals.
2. Baldev Raj, S.L. Mannan, K.V. Kasiviswanathan, M.D. Mathew, V. Karthik,
C.N. Venkiteswaran, M.Saibaba and P. Puthiyavinayagam, 2006, High burn-up
issues in fast breeder reactor fuels and structural materials, Metals
Materials & Processes 18(1), pp. 1-16.
3. Baldev Raj, Prabhat Kumar, S. Krishnamurthy, S.C. Chetal, P.Swaminathan,
Y.C. Manjunatha and C. Sivathanu Pillai, 2006, Management of Tsunami at
Kalpakkam: Current status and plan, The Great Indian Ocean Tsunami of 2004
– An Overview of a National Disaster, Sangeetha Menon (Ed.), National
Institute of Advanced Studies, Bangalore, pp. 124-139.
4. Baldev Raj, 2005, Materials Research and Development at Indira Gandhi
Centre for Atomic Research, FACETS – Journal of International Union of
Materials Research Vol. 4(4), pp. 5-9.
5. Baldev Raj, H.S. Kamath, R. Natarajan and P.R. Vasudeva Rao, 2005, A
perspective on fast reactor fuel cycle in India, Progress in Nuclear
Energy 47(1-4), pp. 369-379.
6. Baldev Raj, An overview of R&D on fast reactor fuel cycle, 2005,
International Journal of Nuclear Energy Science & Technology 1(2/3), pp.
7. Baldev Raj, P.V. Sivaprasad and S. Venugopal, 2004, Microstructure
driven thermomechanical process design, International Conference on
Thermo-mechanical Simulations and Processing of Steels, Ranchi, published
by Tata McGraw Hill.
8. Baldev Raj, V. Moorthy, T. Jayakumar and K. Bhanu Sankara Rao, 2003,
Assessment of microstructures and mechanical behaviour of metallic
materials through non-destructive characterization, International
Materials Reviews 48(5), pp. 273-325.
9. Baldev Raj, P.Palanichamy and T. Jayakumar, 2003, Science and
technology of non-destructive testing, evaluation and characterization,
INSIGHT (British Journal of NDT), Vol. 45, No.1, pp 15-30.
10. U. Kamachi Mudali T.M. Sridhar and Baldev Raj, 2003, Corrosion of bio
implants, Special Issue “Frontiers in Materials Science” Part II (Guest
Editors Baldev Raj & K. Bhanu Sankara Rao), Sadhana, Indian Academy of
Sciences Proceedings in Engineering Sciences, 28 Parts 3 & 4, pp. 601-637.
11. Baldev Raj and K. Bhanu Sankara Rao 2003, Creep and Fatigue of High
Temperature Materials – An overview, Proceedings, short course on “Fatigue
and Fracture of Materials and Industrial components”, IIT Madras, Dec 3-7
2001. (Eds) S. D. Pathak, S. Ganesh Sudara Raman and M. Kamaraj, BR1-BR36.
12. Baldev Raj, U. Kamachi Mudali, T. Jayakumar, K.V. Kasiviswanathan and
R. Natarajan, 2000, Meeting the challenges related to material issues in
chemical industries, Sadhana 25(6), pp. 519-559.
13. Baldev Raj and C.V. Subramanian, 1999, Nondestructive testing of
welds, Materials Evaluation 57(12), pp. 1251-1254.
14. C. Rajagopalan, Baldev Raj and P. Kalyanasundaram, 1996, The role of
artificial intelligence in non-destructive testing and evaluation, INSIGHT
(British Journal of NDT) 38(2), pp.118-123.
15. B.V.R. Tata and Baldev Raj, 1998, Confocal laser scanning microscopy:
Applications in material science and technology, Bulletin of Materials
Science 21(4), pp. 263-278.
16. P. Rodriguez and Baldev Raj, 1997, Development of in-service
inspection techniques for nuclear power plants in India, International
Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping 73, pp. 59-68.
17. Baldev Raj, 1996, A perspective on materials characterisation for
technology advancement and industrial growth: Emphasis on non-destructive
evaluation, (Presidential Address, Platinum Jubilee and Invited Lectures
at the 82nd Indian Science Congress, Calcutta, January (1995); Special
Issue of Bulletin of Materials Science, 19(6), pp. 839-855.
18. Baldev Raj, T. Jayakumar and B.P.C. Rao, 1995, Nondestructive testing
and evaluation for structural integrity, Special Issue of Sadhana on
“Integrity of Engineering Components” (Eds.) P. Ramachandra Rao and O.N.
Mohanty, 20, pp. 5-38 (Invited).
19. Baldev Raj and B.B. Jha, 1994, Fundamentals of Acoustic Emission,
British Journal of Nondestructive Testing, 36(1), pp.16-23.
20. Baldev Raj and P.G. Kulkarni, 1986, Status of eddy current testing in
India, Journal of Pressure Vessels and Piping 23, pp. 9-20 (Invited).
21. Baldev Raj, B. Venkataraman and M. Vijayalakshmi, 2005, Metallurgy:
Bronzes of South Indian, Encyclopedia of Classical Indian Sciences:
Natural Sciences, Technology and Medicine, USA, pp. 264-273.
22. Baldev Raj, 2001, Nondestructive testing and evaluation: Overview,
Encyclopedia of Materials: Science & Technology, Elsevier Science
Publishers, pp. 6177-6185.
23. Baldev Raj and K. Bhanu Sankara Rao, 2001, Mechanical Testing –
Overview, Encyclopedia of Materials: Science & Technology, Elsevier
Science Publishers, pp. 5277-5291.
24. C.V. Sundaram, Baldev Raj and C. Rajagopalan, History of Metallurgy in
India, Invited paper “Chemistry, and Chemical Technical Techniques in
India”, Chapter I in History of Science, Philosophy and Culture in Indian
Civilization”, B.V. Subbarayappa (Ed), published by Centre for Studies in
Civilizations Vol. IV, Part I (1999), p. 23-53.
25. Baldev Raj 2007, Metallurgy in Ancient India, Science in India: Past
and Presence, Edited by B.V. Subbarayappa, Nehru centre, Mumbai, pp.